- Bachelor’s degree by time of entry
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and higher
- GMAT or GRE
- International students: TOEFL-iBT score of 88 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (may be waivable)
- Application and brief essays
ETHICS IN THE CURRICULUM
The ethical guidelines for a Chartered Financial Analyst are embedded in the MSF curriculum. Ethics discussion includes professionalism, market integrity, duties to clients and employers, conflicts of interest, and responsibilities as a CFA Institute member or candidate. The CFA guidelines uphold integrity, competence, diligence, respect, and ethical behavior with all stakeholders.
- Money Management: Russell Investments, Parametric Portfolio Associates, Milliman, Rainer Investment Management, Freestone Capital Management, Blackrock
- Local Public Corporations: Microsoft, Amazon, Costco, Nordstrom, Paccar, Alaska Airlines, Starbucks
- Risk Management/Insurance: State Farm, Symetra, Liberty Mutual, Premera
- Public/Regulatory Organizations: Federal Home Loan Bank, FDIC Seattle, WA State Dept of Retirement Systems
- Investment/Commercial Banking: J.P. Morgan Chase, D.A. Davidson, Cascadia Capital, Pacific Crest Securities, Bank of NY Mellon, KeyBank
Kevin K. Boeh, Ph.D.
MSF Director, Finance faculty, former investment banker, 15+ years industry experience, head of student investment fund
Lynn Hunnicutt, Ph.D.
Economics Department Chair; Director, PLU Center for Vocation; Economics for Finance
Ufuk Ince, Ph.D., CFA
Finance faculty, trustee and board member of CFA Society of Seattle, Registered Investment Advisor
Diane MacDonald, J.D.
Professor, focus on financial planning, risk management, and ethics for financial professionals
Jeffrey Stuart, Ph.D.
Mathematics Department Chair, head of BS in Financial Mathematics degree program
Martin Wurm, Ph.D.
Economics faculty, focus on financial economics, money and banking, macroeconomics
Fern Zabriskie, Ph.D.
Accounting faculty, focus on financial accounting, financial reporting, and investor relations
SELECTED MEMBERS OF THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS EXECUTIVE ADVISORY BOARD
Darcy Johnson, Principal, Managing Partner, Fulcrum Capital, LLC, PLU Graduate 1978, 1982.
Don Morken, President (retired), Genesee Investments. PLU Graduate 1960.
Andrew Turner, Ph.D., Former Dean, School of Business; Chairman, Northern Lights Capital Group. PLU Graduate 1973.