All about water
This year's symposium Our Thirsty Planet will take place entirely on the PLU campus. There will be several opportunities for students to participate in events, as the issues of what to do with Earth's most precious resource persist.
Here are a few things that will be coming up:
Blue Covenant Book Club
- In anticipation for the upcoming symposium, those interested are invited to participate in a book club for Maude Barlow's (one of the keynote speakers) book, Blue Covenant. Meetings to discuss the book will take place from noon to 1 p.m., Jan.9 and 23 in the Fireside Lounge of the Garfield Book Company.
Walk for Water Access Campaign
- The Feminist Student Union will be hosting the "Walk for Water Access Campaign" from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22 starting at Red Square on the PLU campus.
What do you know about water?
- Keep an eye out for 2-minute presentations on what you and fellow students know about water. More information will come on these presentations.
Water and what we eat
- Throughout the symposium, keep an eye out for facts about water in the University Center Commons.
Our Thirsty Planet – Reaction and Community Action – 4:30-5:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24 at 208 Garfield
- Following the Wang Center Symposium, head on over to 208 on Garfield Street to chat about your reactions to what impacted you from the speakers' presentations. This will also be an opportunity to connect with others working on sustainability issues such as PLU’s GREAN student club and to be a part of the conversation about what actions we can take as a community in response to the global water crisis.