South Hall Housing
South Hall is an apartment-style complex, located on the south edge of campus. It has a view of the Olympic Mountains to the west and Mount Rainier to the east. South Hall provides many amenities to students such as full kitchens in all apartments, close proximity to campus, WiFi available throughout the building, and a centralized laundry room. All South Hall apartments are furnished with dining room furniture and a “soft seat”, and each bedroom includes a bed, desk with chair, dresser, shelves, mirror, and closet.
There are a variety of apartments available, including studios, two-bedroom apartments, two-bedroom townhouses, four-bedroom apartments and a five-bedroom townhouse. If you would like more information on the different apartment options go here. Also, a benefit to living on campus is that students receive only one bill per semester which covers electricity, water, wireless internet, and cable with over 100 channels (including HD). In addition, the residence hall provides students a safe and secure environment with card access only entries and regular Campus Safety patrols.
South Hall boasts a main lounge with a big screen TV and lots of seating for formal and informal get-togethers. The main lounge opens onto a courtyard, which provides a large gathering area for the annual South BBQ and other events. South Hall also has smaller lounges and study rooms which encourage small group interaction. This hall is a great option for students who want the convenience of living on campus but would like the option of apartment style living.
In order to be eligible for living in South Hall, one of the following must be met and the student must be in good standing with University Student Conduct.
- The student has attained a minimum of Junior standing (60 semester hours) by September 1, 2012 for Fall Semester February 1, 2013 for Spring Semester; or
- The student is at least 20 years of age or older on or before September 1, 2012 for Fall Semester February 1, 2013 for Spring Semester; or
- The student is married or in an approved domestic partnership (meeting the criteria set forward in the PLU Residential Life Domestic Partner Policy & Guidelines) and one spouse/partner meets the requirements of 1 or 2.
Hall Application Process
- Read the PLU Master Housing and Meal Agreement and South Hall Housing Guide. Please note that this contract is subject to final revisions.
- Submit the South Hall Housing Application online before 8:00am (PST) on Wednesday, February 22nd.
- Applications received before the deadline will receive Priority Points. Applications received after the deadline will not receive Priority Points and will be processed in the order received. For more information about Priority Points click HERE.
- Students applying for Married/Domestic Partnership housing should follow the above steps and then contact the office of Residential Life for additional required forms at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-535-7200.
South Hall Applications are due by 8:00am (PST) on Wednesday, February 22nd.
Proposed 2012-2013 South Hall Rates
(per student, per semester)
Studio A - $3,245.00
Studio B - $3,310.00
Studio C - $3,425.00
1 Bdr. Townhouse (Loft) - $ 3,620.00
2 Bdr. Townhouse - $3,240.00
2 Bdr. Apartment - $3,110.00
4 Bdr. Apartment - $3,020.00
5 Bdr. Townhouse-$3,175.00