Does Your Student Need Insurance?
The job market is looking up! According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for those ages 20-24 was down to 13.8% after being even higher in 2010. But compared with 8.3% unemployment for the overall workforce, these are still challenging times.
The Pacific Lutheran University Office of Alumni and Constituent Relations sponsors an Alumni Insurance Program through Meyer and Associates which offers health insurance to fill the needs of many new alums, as well as students, facutly, and staff. This service is specifically geared toward new grads, who may find themselves without coverage when their student health insurance ends, but is valuable for current students who may find themselves without health insurance next year.
Others may realize that coverage at their new job doesn’t start for a few months, or that their parents’ plan isn’t the most appropriate for their needs. Parental policies may not be suitable after graduation due to cost or location outside the parent’s network coverage area. Most products are available to family members as well —even if they didn’t attend PLU.
The program offers a variety of attractively-priced insurance products, most of which are available to alumni, students, faculty, and staff, as well as their spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, and siblings:
- Health Insurance - For those with a temporary or permanent need for coverage, such as the unemployed, self-employed, and recent graduates.
- Long Term Care Insurance - Intended to protect assets from serious erosion, while allowing access to quality care in the most appropriate and desirable setting.
- Travel Insurance - Travel medical or trip protection insurance options are available for individuals or groups traveling abroad.
- Pet Insurance - Simple, customizable dog and cat insurance plans are available.
- Advisory Services - A licensed insurance professional is available, at no charge, to answer questions and provide customized guidance.
Don’t risk going without health insurance, especially when affordable options are available. For more information click here.