Office ofAlumni and Constituent Relations

Residential Life Reminders

Thanksgiving Recess

Thanksgiving Recess begins at 1:35 pm on Wednesday, November 21st. The residence halls will remain open at no additional cost, but the front desks will close at 5:00 p.m. on that day and will re-open at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 26th. Happy Thanksgiving!

Winter Break

The PLU residence halls (except South Hall) will close at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, December 14th for the Winter Break holidays. The halls will re-open at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 1st. Residents are not allowed in the halls during this time.

Residential Life will have housing options available if your student requires on campus housing during all or part of Winter Break. Students will relocate to the designated Winter Break Hall and will be charged $20.00 per day for these special accommodations. The application and additional information is available at here.

Canceling Housing

PLU housing assignments are signed for the full academic year. Students not requiring housing for the Spring semester or J-term (see reasons below) must cancel their housing on-line.

  • Graduating
  • Studying Away
  • Not living on campus during J-term
  • Withdrawing from PLU
  • Moving off-campus and continuing at PLU (see PLU Residency Requirement)

To avoid a housing cancellation fee students must submit the online form before December 1st. Additional information about canceling, including the required move out dates and penalty rates are available online here.

Apply for On-Campus Housing

If your student does not currently live on campus, we encourage you to explore this option. Living on campus is much more than a roof over your head; it is a lifestyle and an integral part of the university experience. Choosing to live on or off campus is a big decision with a lot of options and facts to take into consideration. As parents, you can really help guide your student through this evaluation process. To help get the conversation started, the Residential Life team has put together a sheet comparing on and off-campus housing options.

Students can apply for J-term and/or Spring on-campus housing in the Office of Residential Life – University Center 161. For additional housing options please visit the Residential Life website.


Office of Residential Life
University Center 161
(253) 535-7200