Opening Convocation and Inauguration
On Tuesday, September 4, the Presidential Inauguration and Opening Convocation will begin at 8:30AM in Olson Auditorium and will be followed by a Reception and Student Involvement Fair on Foss Field. So that all members of the PLU community may attend, all classes will be canceled and all university offices will be closed until 11:50AM.
Inauguration and Convocation Schedule:
- 7:45AM - Faculty gather and line up for the processional in the Mortvedt Library. In the event of inclement weather, faculty will move to the Field House.
- 8:15AM - Processional begins in Centennial Square
- 8:30AM - Presidential Inauguration and Opening Convocation begins
- 10:30-11:50AM - Reception and Student Involvement Fair takes place on Foss Field
Class Schedules for Tuesday, September 4:
- 8:00-11:40AM - Classes canceled
- 11:50AM - Classes begin
- 8:00-11:50AM - All offices are closed for the Presidential Inauguration, Opening Convocation, Campus Reception and Student Involvement Fair.
All faculty, administrators, and staff are encouraged to attend these events.