How do I apply?
Who is eligible to apply to become a Peace Scholar?
- Sophomores and juniors from any discipline are welcome to apply
- Students must be in good academic standing
- PLU Peace Scholars must also commit to attending all parts of the program (2014 and 2015 Nobel Peace Prize Forums in March, 7-week summer program in Norway).
What are the components of the application?
- A 1,000 word essay that addresses the question, “What does it mean to you to be a scholar of peace?”
- Two recommendations, at least one of which must be from a PLU faculty member
- An unofficial transcript
- A résumé
- An interview with the Peace Scholars Committee (finalists only)
PLEASE NOTE: Letters of recommendation are to be sent directly to Tracy Williamson, Assistant to the Dean of Humanities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The essay, transcript and résumé are to be submitted by the student electronically to Tracy Williamson, Assistant to the Dean of Humanities, email@example.com.
Please use the email subject: Peace Scholars Application.
What is the deadline for application?
The complete application packet is to be submitted no later than January 31, 2014.