- IHON-Oxford Site Director for Spring 2017
- Ph.D., Philosophy, Penn State University, 2010
- B.A., Philosophy, Comparative Literature, Biology, University of Minnesota, 1999
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Political Philosophy
- Political Economy
- German Idealism
- Karen Hille Phillips Regency Advancement Award Recipient 2015-2016, Pacific Lutheran University
- Awarded a DAAD research grant to study with Professors Axel Honneth and Hermann Deuser at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität in Frankfurt am Main
Mike Schleeter began teaching as an Assistant Professor at PLU in 2011, having received a B.A. in Philosophy, Comparative Literature, and Biology from the University of Minnesota and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Penn State University. He regularly teaches courses in ethics, social and political philosophy, and business ethics, as well as courses in early modern philosophy, 19th and 20th century continental philosophy, and the philosophy of race. His areas of scholarly interest include political philosophy, political economy, German Idealism, and phenomenology. In his free time, he enjoys watching films, playing music, reading literature and poetry, studying history and politics, and sampling beers from around the world.
- Watching Films
- Playing Music
- Reading Literature and Poetry
- Studying History and Politics
- Enjoys sampling beers from around the world.