Ramstad Commons Mission Statement
The staff of Ramstad Commons is committed to fostering academic success and excellence by providing PLU students with valuable tools and resources important for a high-quality college education. From picking classes to picking a major to picking up skills necessary for success now and after graduation, we can help you design a PLU experience tailored to your needs, interests, motivations, and goals.
We encourage you to peruse this web site and those of the individual departments in Ramstad Commons listed below to see how we can support your academic and life pursuits.
You can also contact Ramstad Commons at 253-535-7459 or email@example.com.
What Ramstad Commons can do for you:
- Academic Advising - located in Ramstad 112. Academic Advisors at PLU are committed to assisting students as they discover and define their educational, personal, and emergent life goals.
- Academic Assistance - located in Mortvedt Library, Room 124. This office provides one-on-one peer tutoring, drop-in labs, group study sessions, language tables, and a variety of student success workshops. Call 253-535-7518 to schedule a tutoring appointment.
- Academic Internships - located in Ramstad 112. The internship office in Ramstad Commons and the internship web site can help you investigate a career field and apply your studies to the "real world".
- Career Development - located in Ramstad 112. The Career Development office offers a variety of services and resources for first year college students choosing their major to seniors needing help writing a resume and beginning their job search. Check out the web site at www.plu.edu/career for more information about career assessments, career counseling, job search skills, career fairs, and more.
- Center for Community Engagement and Service - located in Ramstad 116. The center is here to help you get connected to the community! The Center for Community Engagement and Service coordinates and encourages initiatives for service and involvement at PLU.
- Disability Support Services - located in the University Center, Room 300. The DSS Office provides classroom accommodations to students with documented disabilities. Please visit our web page for additional information.
- Student Employment - located in Ramstad 112. Whether you are seeking an on-campus, off-campus, or state work study job, this office can assist you in finding opportunities. Jobs are posted on the Student Employment web site.