Department ofResidential Life

Housing Sign-Up Process

These instructions are for students who currently live on campus or are returning for another year.  For newly admitted students the new student housing application is available online through the Office of Admission:

How To Apply To Live On-Campus for 2014-2015

1.  Apply for a Single room, Hinderlie, Hong, SAL and gender Neutral Housing.  Applications due by 5:00pm (PST) Thursday, March 27th. 

2. Submit the Master Housing & Meal Agreement.  Due at 5:00pm (PST) on Tuesday, April 1st.

3.  Read your email on Friday, April 4th.  This email will provide your estimated time slot to attend the Housing Sign-Up Process.

4.  Attend the Housing Process.  Tuesday, April 8th and Wednesday, April 9th in CK West.  Bring ID card, roommate, and Proxy Form (if applicable).


March 27th at 5:00pm - Single Room, Hinderlie, Hong, SAL and Gender Neutral Housing Applications Due

Anyone interested in a Single room, Hinderlie, Hong, SAL or Gender Neutral Housing must apply using the online application.  This includes Kreidler applicants.  Only apply for a single room or hall(s) you want to live in.  Single room assignments will be made in Priority Point order. Anyone interested in living on a mixed gender wing with a gender neutral bathroom must apply using the online application.

April 2nd at 5:00pm - Master Housing & Meal Agreement Due

Housing Agreements must be submitted by 5:00pm (PST), April 1st.  Students who submit a late Agreement cannot participate on the 8th & 9th, unless they are applying with a roommate who did sign their Master Housing Agreement on time.  All late students can sign-up on Thursday, April 10th and 11th in AUC 161 (after 12:00pm) - first come first serve.

April 4th - Email Notifications Sent

Students who signed their Master Housing & Meal Agreement on time will receive an email from Residential Life with their assigned time slot.

April 8th & 9th- Housing Sign-Up Process- University Center- CK West- 4:00 - 6:30pm

All assignments are made in priority point order.  Please attend during your assigned time slot.

  • Tuesday, April 8th - Returning to the same hall, Single room assignments, and Stuen residents.
  • Wednesday, April 9th - Switching residence halls.

If students cannot attend during their time slot, arrange to have a proxy sign up for you.

Additional Information:

Late Agreements: Students who do not sign their Agreements on time can still be assigned housing if they have someone who will "bring them in" as a roommate.  All remaining late Agreements will have an opportunity to apply for housing after 12:00 pm on Thursday, April 10th and 11th in the Residential Life Office (AUC 161).

Single Rooms: Students must apply for a Single or Single-Double room before 5:00pm (PST) on Thursday, March 27th.

Holds: Students with a hold on their student account must resolve the hold prior to applying for a room. Log into Banner Web to check for holds. If you have a hold, review Student Services website.

Roommates: Both roommates must attend process together. Go during the earliest roommate’s timeslot.  Roommate disclaimer - If you do not find a roommate, one will be assigned to you.

Proxy Forms: Students who cannot attend the Process (class, work or study away) should find a Proxy. If you plan to live with a student who cannot attend you should have them complete the Proxy form.

Hong, Hinderlie & SAL:  Applications are required for these communities and are due Thursday, March 27th.  Contact the Hong, Hinderlie or Stuen Resident Director for more information.

Gender Neutral Housing: Applications are required for these wings and are due Tuesday, April 1st.  Contact Residential Life for more information.

Roommate Questionnaires: Submit a new Roommate Questionnaire, even if you are applying with a mutually requested roommate or for a Single room.

Need For Special Housing: Students with special housing needs must complete a Need for Special Housing Application. Contact the Residential Life Office for more information. 

Uncertain Housing Plans:  Students still determining their plans for Fall 2014 should sign the Master Housing & Meal Agreement and contact the Office of Residence Life.

Questions or Concerns: Students with a special situation or concern should contact the Office of Residential Life in University Center 161, at 253-535-7200 or at