What's New on Campus?
We are always looking for ways for you to feel great about where you live, and this summer is no exception. In between summer school housing, and summer camps and conferences, scores of projects are being done to improve the residential experience for our students. PLU is committed to keeping housing increases to a minimum while making good use of revenue and savings.
A NEW Stuen Hall opening for Fall 2014 – planned improvements include:
- 100% new bathrooms featuring increased privacy in toilet stalls and personal changing areas with showers, in addition to heated floors
- new insulated and energy efficient windows throughout the building
- new moveable desks and new desk chairs in resident rooms to give more flexibility
- improved lighting throughout building with new overhead lighting in resident rooms
- new lounge and study room furniture
- a revamped main lounge with a large common kitchen enabling interaction between sitting and preparation areas
- card swipe access to resident rooms – no more room keys!
- fresh paint and new flooring throughout the building
- SAL – the Social Action and Leadership Community will be moving back in
- and more!
Look for a similar renovation of Ordal Hall opening Fall 2015.
LRC @ Hong: Campus Language Hub – The Language Resource Center is moving into the main lounge of Hong International Hall – improvements include:
- Easy access to language learning resources for all students, even easier for Hong residents
- New couches, study tables and booths
- A second flat screen tv added to the lounge
- Common kitchen for LRC and resident use with improved preparation space and dishwasher
Regular Summer Improvements
- New ping pong table in Hinderlie basement lounge
- New 60” TVs installed in:
- Harstad Hall Main Lounge
- Pflueger Hall 1st and 2nd Floor Lounges
- Tingelstad Hall Main Lounge
- Hinderlie Main Lounge
- New whiteboards installed in:
- Foss Hall Study Rooms
- Harstad Hall study rooms
- South Hall group room
- New study table and chairs in:
- Foss Hall study rooms and lounges
- South Hall group room
- Ordal Hall study room
- Water bottle refill station added to Tingelstad Hall lobby
- Picnic table added to Kreidler Hall patio
- Artwork added to Kreidler Hall main lounge
- Paint throughout residence halls
- Plumbing upgraded in 25% of South Hall
- Windows washed
- Yearly deep cleaning and routine maintenance