Are you a drilling reservist or guardsman in the U.S. Army Reserve or National Guard?
Have you considered becoming an officer?
PLU Army ROTC is a great way to continue drilling with your unit, while completing your degree and becoming an officer!
Benefits Of Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) on a 2 or 3 year scholarship
- 100% tuition and fees
- Automatic promotion to E-5 (SGT)
- Drill as a cadet, shadowing other officers
- $1,200/year book allowance
- Monthly ROTC stipend up to $500 a month
- Employer Partnership Initiative
- You can attend any of our affiliated school
-Pacific Lutheran University – Apply HERE
-University of Washington-Tacoma – Apply HERE
Note: PLU grants free Room & Board to all scholarship cadets
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a drilling reservist or be willing to enlist
- Must be at least a sophomore in college to start SMP
- Must graduate before turning 31 in order to receive a scholarship (non-scholarship waiver able to 32 & eligible for Tuition Assistance)
- Pass the Department of Defense physical exam (DoDMERB)
- Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5*
- Cannot be a conscientious objector
- Must be willing to serve 8 years in the National Guard or Reserves upon commissioning
*Minimum requirement. Higher scores will increase competitiveness.
Note: Non-scholarship SMP is a viable option for those who do not meet the scholarship eligibility requirements, or for those who want to compete for Active Duty.
QUESTIONS ABOUT KEEPING YOUR BONUS?
If you’re interested in ROTC and want to learn more, call the Scholarship and Enrollment Officer at 253-535-8740 or email at email@example.com.