Opportunities To Excel
ROTC provides various opportunities to develop you into a competent, confident and agile leader. Throughout the school year, you will participate in field training exercises that will prepare you for your career as an Army Officer. In the summer, cadets have the chance to train all around the country. They can job-shadow a platoon leader through various leader training programs or even Army courses such as Airborne, Air Assault, Mountain Warfare.
NOTE: If you have submitted an application packet & need to schedule an interview with the Professor of Military Science, please send an email (SUBJECT: PMS Interview) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incentives for the Army ROTC Scholarship
- 100% tuition paid for by the Army
- $10,300 room & board gift from PLU
- $1,200 a year book allowance
- A monthly personal living stipend that increases every year
- Commission as a Second Lieutenant
Eligibility for a 4 year Scholarship require the following:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school Cumulative GPA of at least 2.50*
- Have a high school diploma
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT or 19 on the ACT* (excluding the writing test scores for both tests)
- Meet medical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty, U.S. Army Reserve, or Army National Guard
*Minimum requirement. Higher scores will increase competitiveness.
Email the Army ROTC Career Counselor at email@example.com and ask for step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the ROTC Scholarship. Call 253.535.8740 if you have questions or want to know more about joining ROTC.