Registration for the 2015 South Sound Regional Science and Engineering Fair will begin February 6, 2015. The date for the 2015 SSRSEF is Saturday, March 21.
By registering for the SSRSF you are agreeing to allow the SSRSF to use your picture on the website, in promotional materials and other forms. To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000, pictures will not include Identifiable Personal Information.
General Rules and Guidelines (K-8).
- All students must refrain from doing experiments which may be hazardous to themselves, others, or animals.
- No bacterial growth projects will be allowed for grades K-8.
- You can submit either a scientific project or an engineering project.
- Scientific projects must follow the scientific method and test a hypothesis. No displays or demonstration projects, for example, no volcano demonstrations. No materials used in a scientific project will be allowed as part of the student display at the fair.
- Engineering projects must identify a need or problem to be solved and design a solution that could take the form of a drawing, a model or prototype, or writing or using a program. The solution needs to be part of the student display at the fair.
- Students may work by themselves or as a team of two (recommended) or three members. If students on the team are in different grade levels, the team will be placed in the highest grade level of the members.
- A student’s project should reflect his/her age and ability level.
- All projects must be supervised by an adult.
General Rules and Guidelines (9-12)
All students must refrain from doing experiments which may be hazardous to themselves, others, or animals. Since the South Sound Regional Science & Engineering Fair is affiliated with the Intel International Science and Engineering fair, we use their rules and guidelines. Please visit the links below to learn more about the general requirements, project size, and items not allowed in the project or booth. An official copy of the Intel ISEF rules can be found at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair web site.
- 2015 Rules for All Projects
- 2015 Rules Wizard
- 2015 Forms
- Intel ISEF Rules Changes and Modifications 2014-2015
- 2015 Student Handbook
- Rules and Guidelines en Espanol
- All Intel ISEF Forms 2015
- Intel ISEF Category Descriptions