Grades K-5 Registration
To register click on the registration button below, complete the online form and submit. For grades K-5 this is the only form you need. When registering as a team, have each member submit a form and list all members in the team member names box.
- All students must refrain from doing experiments which may be hazardous to themselves, others, or animals.
- No bacterial growth projects will be allowed for grades K-5.
- You can submit either a scientific project or an engineering project.
- Scientific projects must follow the scientific method and test a hypothesis. No displays or demonstration projects, for example, no volcano demonstrations. No materials used in a scientific project will be allowed as part of the student display at the fair.
- Engineering projects must identify a need or problem to be solved and design a solution that could take the form of a drawing, a model or prototype, or writing or using a program. The solution needs to be part of the student display at the fair.
- Students may work by themselves or as a team of two (recommended) or three members. If students on the team are in different grade levels, the team will be placed in the highest grade level of the members. When registering as a team, have each team member submit a form and list all members in the team member names box.
- A student’s project should reflect his/her age and ability level.
- All projects must be supervised by an adult.
By registering for the SSRSF you are agreeing to allow the SSRSF to use your picture on the website, in promotional materials and other forms. To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000, pictures will not include Identifiable Personal Information.