The fair is hosted by Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma. Project presentation and judging takes in Olson Auditorium; awards ceremonies are held in Memorial Gymnasium.
Directions to Olson Auditorium:
- From Highway 512, take the Pacific Ave. (Parkland-Spanaway) exit
- Go south on Pacific Avenue
- Turn right onto Garfield Street
- Turn left onto Park Avenue
- Turn right onto 125th Street South
- Proceed until 125th T's with Yakima.
- Turn right onto Yakima. Follow the road as it turns to the left
- Olson Auditorium will be on your right
- Parking is available in the rear
- Campus Map
Who sponsors the fair?
The Intel Foundation provides a generous grant of $25,000 to Pacific Lutheran University to cover the costs of planning and staging the South Sound Regional Science Fair. The grant also includes funding for travel for the Intel ISEF finalists. Other companies and organizations provide specialty awards and in-kind support for the regional fair.
Who are the judges?
Educators, scientists, community members, military personnel, and other professionals serve as volunteer judges for the regional science fair. They select the outstanding projects in each grade level or scientific category and provide feedback to all students about the quality of their research and presentation.