PLU Alternative Spring Break 2015
March 20th - March 25th
Are you looking for a unique and diverse experience for spring break this year? There are two PLU Alternative Spring Break trips sponsored by CCES that are offered this spring. We’re anticipating an exciting and rewarding week for all of the ASB trips.
ASB Trip #1-Parkland Immersion
Co-sponsored by Residential Life & CCES
- Contact: Ashley Carrasco at carrasaa
@plu.edu or Mercy Deramola at email@example.com.
- Join a group of PLU students as they engage in service activities in the Parkland area. Community organizations include James Sales Elementary, Parkland First Baptist Food Bank, Trinity Lutheran Church, Rainier View Christian Church
- Dates –Friday, March 21-Wednesday, March 26, 2014
- # of spots available:15 (OPEN)
- Cost for trip: Free!
- Trip Leaders: Tommy Flanagan, Mercy Deramola, and Rachel Haxtema.
- Deadline to apply: March 7, 2014
- Sign-up online here!
ASB Trip #2- Border Immersion Program
In this course, we will deepen our understanding of the liminal space of the US-Mexico border through an immersion experience in El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM.
HISP 287: The Borderlands/La Frontera for 1 PLU credit under these categories:
Hispanic Studies Program, GenEd, GLST, “Transnational Movements and Cultural Diversity” (Contact JoDee Keller), WMGS (Contact Teresa Ciabattari)
PROGRAM COST: $1,250
• Program related transportation
• Supplemental study abroad insurance