PLU Alternative Spring Break 2013
March 21-31, 2013
Are you looking for a unique and diverse experience for spring break this year? There are five PLU Alternative Spring Break trips that are offered this spring. All ASB 2013 participants will be invited to attend a send-off in chapel on Wednesday, March 20, 2013, receive a free ASB 2013 T-shirt, and an invitation to attend a post-reflection dinner in April 2013. We’re anticipating an exciting and rewarding week for all of the ASB trips.
ASB Trip #1- Holy Week in Guatemala
Sponsored by Campus Ministry
- Contact – Campus Ministry - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants will experience an immersion into the Guatemalan culture surrounding Holy Week, learn of the justice issues around coffee production, and meet the Guatemalan student and family sponsored by the University Congregation.
- 12 student spots (TRIP IS FILLED)
- The cost is $1,500 which includes all travel expenses and most meals. Payments are spread out over three months. An information sheet and application forms are available at the Campus Ministry Office.
- For more information, please visit
ASB Trip #2-Parkland-Staycation: Getting to Know Parkland
Co-sponsored by Campus Ministry & CCES
- Contact: Tommy Flanaghan - email@example.com
- Join a group of PLU students as they engage in service activities in the Parkland area. Community organizations include James Sales Elementary, Parkland First Baptist Food Bank, SAFE Streets, Rainier View Community Christian Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church
- Dates –Friday, March 22-Wednesday, March 27, 2013
- # of spots available:20
- Cost for trip: Free
- Deadline to apply: February 20, 2013
- Sign-up online
ASB Trip #3-Parkland Plunge
Sponsored by IGNITE!
- Contact: Emily Branch- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join a team of passionate, compassionate volunteers and be the hands and feet of Jesus in the Parkland area this spring break! We will be living in community together at a local church (Acts 2:42-47), while partnering with local organizations; adding our efforts to their ongoing service to the Parkland community. Service sites may range from house construction, youth programs, to food bank work.
- Dates: Sunday to Friday afternoon, March 24th - 29, 2013
- Feb 24th – Meeting at 3pm to carpool to a Mission’s conference in Federal Way.
- March 3rd – Sunday 2pm – 4pm (Mission Training)
- March 10th – Sunday 2pm – 4pm (Mission Training)
- March 17th – Sunday 2pm – 4pm (Mission Training)
ASB Trip #4-Spring Break Trip to Utah
Sponsored by Outdoor Recreation
- We spend a week camping, backpacking, hiking, bouldering, and exploring Zion and Arches National Parks in Utah!
- # of spots available: 12
- Cost of Trip: Approximately $300
- Contact Person: Matt Leslieemail@example.com
- How to Apply: Written Applications will be available 1 month prior to the trip.
- Deadline to apply: 2 weeks before the trip