Official and Unofficial Transcripts
Information about Transcripts
- Transcripts are the permanent and unabridged student educational record.
- All academic transcripts are processed in the Student Services Center.
- An online or written request is required to receive information on your academic record.
- A transcript can be picked up by another person besides you only with a signed written release.
Official Transcripts are printed on letterhead security paper, which includes the university’s Rose window image. Each transcript is sealed in an individual envelope. The fee includes mailing your transcript to any U.S. domestic address or you may pick up your requested transcripts in the Student Services Center with photo ID.
PLU now offers the convenience of ordering your official transcripts online with a major credit card through the National Student Clearinghouse secure site, at www.plu.edu/transcripts.
Online transcript requests are charged $5.00 for each transcript with a $2.25 handling fee for each order. The site will walk you though placing your order, including delivery options. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. Order updates will be emailed to you and you can track your order online.
In person or mailed transcript requests – A signed request is required when ordering in-person or by mail. The cost is $5.00 per official transcript. Cash, check, or money orders (made out to PLU) are accepted as payment.
Unofficial Transcripts are free and are printed on standard white paper with an unofficial transcript stamp across each page.
Unofficial Transcripts can be faxed, mailed, emailed or picked up in person with photo ID.
Submit your request:
- In Writing – include name, PLU ID or last 4 digits of your SSN, written signature, and where you would like the transcript sent.
- or Complete and submit Unofficial Transcript Request
Fax: (253) 538-2545
Mail: ATTN: Transcripts
PLU Student Services Center
Tacoma, WA 98447
*Matriculated students can access an Unofficial Transcript from their Banner Self-Service account. These transcripts will not include your name.
How long does it take to process a Transcript Request?
- Requests are processed on a first received basis
- Processing time can take 1-5 business days
- Peak periods are January, June, July, August and September
Special Delivery Options
- To have your transcript sent by Federal Express, the cost is $19 for mailing Federal Express plus $5 for each Official Transcript. Transcripts ordered online, add a $2.25 handling fee per order.
- To have your transcript sent Federal Express to an International address, the cost is $30 for mailing Federal Express plus $5 for each Official Transcript . Transcripts ordered online, add a $2.25 handling fee per order. Official Transcripts
- We send a maximum of 5-10 transcripts (depending on how many pages your transcript includes) per Federal Express envelope.
- We must have a physical street address and contact phone for all Federal Express orders.
- Payment is to be paid at the time of your request.
- We accept cash (in person only), check and money orders (made to PLU).
- The fee cannot be charged to your student account.
Reasons why a transcript cannot be processed?
- If you have a HOLD on your account we will not be able process your Transcript request until your HOLD has been removed. Current students may view their HOLD on your Banner Self-Service. If you are unable to view your HOLD on Banner Self-Services, contact Transcript Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 535-7133.
- If you request to have all grades or degrees posted before the transcript is processed.
- If your bankcard has been declined or is invalid.
Phone: (253) 535-7133