- To develop a better understanding of storytelling techniques that relate to cultural appreciation.
- To explore options and build competency in connecting concepts and mediums used for storytelling.
- To analyze the comparisons and contrasts between the arts and news of the US and the UAE.
- To strengthen the relationship and cultural understanding between PLU students and students enrolled in higher education in the UAE/Middle East.
- Seek out the challenging stories of the United Arab Emirates
- Explore the unique visual culture of the Middle East as it pertains to the growing UAE society
- Examine Middle Eastern media as it portrays the happenings of this region
ART 388 (4 credits) AR Gen Ed, department credit.
$5,295. This includes airfare, lodging, program related, and supplemental study abroad insurance.
The estimated additional costs indicated below are intended to assist students and parents in budgeting for those additional living and discretionary expenses not included in the program fee. Actual expenses may vary according to student interests, individual needs, and spending habits:
- Passport (new) = $110 / Passport (renewal) = $135
- Visa fees (required for some non-US passport holders) = varies
- Pre-travel Evaluation at the PLU Health Center = $45 *All students are required to visit either the PLU Health Center or a personal healthcare provider to achieve the proper medical clearance. Be aware that other medical providers may charge additional fees that may result in a higher cost than the PLU Health Center.
- Immunizations = $0 to several hundred dollars **Vaccination needs vary on destination and individual medical history, and may be costly.
- Airline baggage fees = approximately $25 for each checked bag
- Books, supplies, course materials = varies
- Cost of meals not included in the program fee
- Cell phone and usage fees = varies
- Personal Expenses = approximately $600. Check with your faculty leader for an accurate estimate for your destination
April 13, 2012. A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 is required with the application. A $250 non-refundable program payment to confirm participation in the course is due within 10 days of notification of acceptance. Maximum 18 students
Travel Immunizations recommended. Please see PLU Health Services' website for additional information.