Use this checklist to make sure you are ready to go.
- Confirm your acceptance with the Wang Center – complete your acceptance paperwork and pay the $250 confirmation deposit if you are participating on a Gateway or Featured program
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months AFTER your return; renew your passport NOW if necessary. Also note, a valid passport is needed to begin the visa application process – do not delay in applying for or renewing your passport.
- You can have your passport-sized photos (for visas and passports) taken at the PLU Concierge desk
- Attend all general and program-specific study away orientations.
- Submit all required forms* ON TIME
*In addition to the Wang Center forms, you may also have program-specific forms; visit your program’s webpage above for details.
Health Center & Insurance
- All study away students are required to have a medical assessment more information
- Maintain domestic insurance while abroad. If you do not have a domestic insurance plan, you must purchase short term insurance in order to study away.
- Health Center Tips & Preparation
- Most programs require you book your own flight (Check out these tips; many sites allow you to compare prices, like flightnetwork.com, kayak.com or cheapflights.com)
- Submit your flight itinerary to the Wang Center via email
Emergency Contact info
- Submit your emergency contact info to the Wang Center
- Disability Support Services, as applicable.
Important Passport Info
Your passport needs to be valid 6 months after the end of your program.
All required Wang Center forms for semester Study Away can be found under Documents and Forms.