Funding a project through Wild Hope
Wild Hope project funds are dedicated primarily to the activities initially proposed and budgeted in the project proposal that was funded by the Lilly Endowment. Implementing some of these activities involves inviting requests for proposals from individuals and units on campus. In addition to planned categories, however, Wild Hope has the capacity to fund a limited number of special requests not currently included in the project planning. If you are considering coming to the Wild Hope project for funds, please consider the following questions. We will ask these very questions as we consider your request.
- Does the proposed activity advance the purpose of the grant, making PLU an environment that is more intellectually rich, world engaged, developmentally appropriate, and open to big questions of meaning and purpose as these are addressed within and beyond professional, civic, and faith communities?
- Does the proposal include clear procedures that will invite and facilitate reflection on big questions in people's lives and connect the questions to their educational experience?
- How many people will benefit directly or indirectly because of the proposed activity?
- How is the proposal situated relative to past, present or future Wild Hope initiatives in the proposer's unit?
- What other external or internal sources of funds, if any, are you pursuing for this activity?
Such special requests should be sent to the project coordinator, Lynn Hunnicutt at email@example.com.