20 semester hours, including:
- WMGS 201 (Four semester hours)
- Two program core courses (eight semester hours): Four semester hours from Group A or B: Women and Feminism and four semester hours from Group C or D: Gender and Sexuality. Select from the Program Core courses as listed under the WMGS Major description.
- Two elective courses (eight semester hours) approved by the WMGS program chair or from the list of approved WMGS courses in the class schedule per term. These may be selected from:
- Additional WMGS core courses not taken to satisfy the Program Core Courses requirement.
- Courses from an approved list published in the Women's & Gender Studies section in class schedules.
Courses from any discipline for which at least 60% of the assignments center on women, feminism, gender, and/or sexuality.
This allows the integration of Women's and Gender Studies perspectives into courses that are not explicitly or entirely structured around those perspectives. Consent of the instructor is required. Students should consult the Women's and Gender Studies chair about this option before the course begins (when possible) and will be required to submit the syllabus and relevant assignments to the Women's and
Gender Studies Executive Committee.