Master of Science in Kinesiology
Graduate College of Health Professions
Ranked by Niche as the top Kinesiology department in Washington state and the Pacific Northwest, the Kinesiology program at PLU brings a tradition of excellence into the Master of Science degree. The program combines a rigorous academic experience with real-world, relevant and impactful applications designed to intentionally address critical gaps in Kinesiology training and practice.
The program is committed to diversity and inclusion, along with intentional mentorship and leadership development opportunities. Through coursework, mentoring support and an applied project, M.S. candidates develop the knowledge and skills they need to become effective evidence-based practitioners who can enhance their own career while positively impacting those they serve.
Areas of Specialization:
- Applied Sport Psychology
- Applied Exercise Science
Applied. Mentorship. Inclusive. Community. Excellence
- Flexible Program – may be completed in as few as 14 months, or over the course of 26 months. Classes occur in the evenings and are a mix of traditional and hybrid in design.
- Theory to Practice Focus – coursework focuses on building an evidence-based practice through rigorous coursework applied to real world situations. All students complete an applied project as part of the program.
- Mentorship – all students are assigned a faculty mentor who also serves as lead advisor for the applied project.
- Inclusive – two required courses examine issues of diversity, justice and inclusion in order to inform how we do our work and how we can best serve a diverse population.
- Career Enhancing – designed to serve high growth professions and to enhance the skill set of novice and experienced practitioners in exercise, sport, performance and health related careers.
It’s FREE to apply to PLU
When you're ready, we're here. Apply now and fulfill your potential!Get Started