PLU’s auto insurance covers PLU driver’s while driving university vehicles or rental vehicles for PLU business or sponsored activities. Employee or student owned vehicles used for PLU business are not covered by PLU’s auto insurance.
Information in case of an auto accident while driving a PLU or rental vehicle.
- Provide the other driver with the following PLU Auto Insurance information
- address………………………….Risk Management Dept., Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA 98447
- phone number…………….253-535-7116
- insurance company……Travelers Property Casualty Company of America
- Notify PLU’s Campus Safety office, (253) firstname.lastname@example.org and your PLU department
- Please send photos directly to email@example.com.
PLU’s auto insurance deductible is $500. Departments are responsible for paying the deductible in the event of an accident.
Personal Property: Personally owned books, research works, artifacts, computers, clothes, equipment, etc., are not insurable by the university. PLU suggests that personal items be insured through a homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy.
PLU Property: PLU property is insured and is subject to a deductible. Report the theft of equipment or damage to university buildings, grounds, art, equipment, or vehicles to Campus Safety and to Risk Management.
Certificates of Insurance
Any requests for certificates of insurance should be emailed to the Director of Risk Management and Insurance, firstname.lastname@example.org, along with supporting documentation.