Special Nursing Admission
PLU provides a special admission process for application to the School of Nursing. It gives a select number of full-time, first-year students conditional admission the BSN program. This admission process is competitive, and seeks to admit students with strong college preparatory coursework and test scores.
The First-Year Undergraduate Application serves as both the application for admission to PLU and to the School of Nursing.
To be considered for conditional acceptance, students must indicate “Nursing” as their intended major on the undergraduate application for admission. Students are also encouraged to use the essay portion of their application as an opportunity to address their interest in the Nursing profession.
Need More Information?
If you have additional questions about the PLU School of Nursing Conditional Admission Program, please contact the Office of Admission at 800-274-6758, or contact your admission counselor.
Students offered conditional admission and who meet the following academic requirements will be granted guaranteed admission to the School of Nursing beginning either in the fall or spring of their second year:
- Students are required to complete all pre-nursing coursework during their first year at PLU.
- Students are required to earn a B grade or higher in all PLU coursework (including pre-nursing coursework).
Nursing Admission Deadlines
School of Nursing deadlines for the two phases of conditional acceptance:
Phase 1 – December 15
- Students seeking conditional acceptance during Phase 1 must submit all admission application materials by December 15.
- The School of Nursing will begin sending offers of conditional admission during the month of February.
- Students offered conditional acceptance for Phase 1 will begin nursing coursework during the fall semester of their second year, provided they meet the above academic requirements.
- Those not offered conditional admission will be included in Phase 2 consideration.
Phase 2 – February 15
- Students seeking conditional acceptance during Phase 2 must submit all admission application materials by February 15.
- The School of Nursing will begin sending offers of conditional admission beginning March 15.
- Students offered conditional acceptance for Phase 2 will begin nursing coursework during the spring semester of their second year, provided they meet the above academic requirements.
- Students offered conditional acceptance for Phase 2 will require an additional semester beyond the standard four years to complete all nursing coursework, and will receive full financial aid packages during the additional semester.