253 PLU Bound Full Tuition Scholarship
PLU offers a scholarship for transfer students who are College Bound eligible and have a 3.40 or better cumulative college-level GPA. Students who qualify will be awarded full tuition for the duration of their College Bound Scholarship eligibility at PLU through a combination of federal, state, PLU grants and scholarships, and the College Bound Scholarship.
- College Bound Scholarship eligible
- 3.40 or higher cumulative college-level GPA
- Entering PLU as a transfer student
Applying: Submit the FREE application to PLU and note that you are College Bound eligible. You must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), found at fafsa.ed.gov, and include PLU’s FAFSA school code, 003785 OR complete the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA), found at readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
253 PLU Bound Benefits:
- Full tuition at PLU is guaranteed to be covered by a combination of PLU, federal, state and College Bound scholarship and grant for as long as you have College Bound scholarship eligibility or until you finish at PLU (whichever comes first).
- Additional financial aid in the form of work study and loans may be applied to room, meals, books, and other expenses.
To maintain the 253 PLU Bound Scholarship:
- Student must remain College Bound eligible.
- Student must maintain satisfactory academic progress at PLU.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not sure if you’re eligible for or a recipient of the College Bound Scholarship? Visit www.readysetgrad.org/college/college-bound-scholarship-program or talk to your former high school guidance counselor.
To maintain satisfactory academic progress at PLU, students must:
- Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- Successfully complete 67% of the credits for which they registered each semester.
For further details, please read through the PLU Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
You could still qualify for a PLU academic scholarship! Typically, transfer students with a 2.9 or higher cumulative college-level GPA will receive an academic scholarship at PLU, which start at $13,000 per year. AND, you can still use your College Bound Scholarship at PLU, worth up $12,000 per year. Find more information about other scholarship opportunities here.
97% of PLU students qualify for some kind of financial aid and our average 2016-17 financial aid offer was $34,227. Find more information about financial aid here.
If you are no longer receiving a College Bound Scholarship, we cannot guarantee you the full-tuition 253 PLU Bound benefit. However, if you are still eligible for other PLU financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans, and work study), you will be able to maintain and use that.