Office of Advancement

Transferring Stock to PLU or Other Appreciated Securities

Make a gift to PLU by transferring appreciated securities instead of writing a check. By doing so, you avoid the tax due on the capital gain AND you receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the security.

For example, if you give stock with a fair market value of $1,000 for which you paid only $100, the “cost” to you for making the gift is only $100! Plus, you may be able to deduct the full $1,000 from your income tax, thereby reducing your “cost” even further.

To transfer a stock that is held in “street name” (at your brokerage house), simply provide your financial advisor with the following information:

National Financial Securities

Account number: 0QF-737666 (note: the first digit is a zero)
Depository Trust Corporation: (DTC): 0226
PLU Federal Tax ID: 91-0565571

Contact Information:
Ed Grogan or Molly Hill
Summit Financial Group
6625 Wagner Way, Suite 320
Gig Harbor, WA 98335Your broker should be able to transfer the security to the university within 24 hours.

If you physically hold your stock certificates, would like to contribute shares in a mutual fund or other appreciated security, or if you or your investment/financial advisor have any questions, please call 253-535-7177 or toll free 800-826-0035.

Important: To insure proper receipting and to allow us to properly thank you for your gift, please send us an e-mail at notifying us of your stock gift.

If you have closely held stock that you would like to transfer to PLU please visit our Gifts of Closely Held Stock for more information.

Donate button

Giving is Easy

Contributions can be made online or in a variety of other ways. Your gifts enhance the programs and services that make a PLU education distinctive.