Virtual Career & Internship Fair Thursday, October 28 - 1:00 to 5:00 pm
The virtual fair is intended for students of ALL class levels and majors. This is a great opportunity to network with employers about job opportunities, industry insights, internships, career paths, volunteer positions, and graduate school opportunities.
PLU has partnered with the University of Puget Sound, Seattle Pacific University, Saint Martin’s University, and Lewis & Clark College.
- Getting Started with Handshake
- Guide to attending a virtual career fair on Handshake
- Organizations will host 30-minute group sessions and 10-minute 1:1 sessions that students must register for
- PLU students will create an account on Handshake
- Students can visit this login page and find PLU on the drop down to create account
- After creating an account you will receive an email to confirm your new Handshake account
In Handshake visit the EVENT section and in the search box add the Fair name – “Fall 2021 Joint Virtual Career Fair”
- Sign up for group or 1:1 sessions with employers:
- From the overview page, click on the Available Sessions tab to review and sign up for sessions. For details on this process, please see Signing Up for & Managing Virtual Fair Sessions.
- To sign up for Group or 1:1 sessions, you may be prompted to update your profile privacy setting. For more information on profile privacy, please see Profile Privacy Options in Handshake.
- Review which employers are attending the fair (follow employers you want to check back in with).
- You’ll be able to sign up for sessions at any point, even during the fair (as long as the session hasn’t ended).
- Research the list of participating employers through the Handshake website
- Have your resume reviewed with the office of Alumni & Student Connections
- Prepare your elevator pitch with the office of Alumni & Student Connections
- Business casual clothing is recommended even for a virtual fair
If you have additional questions or need assistance please contact Alumni & Student Connections at email@example.com.