Join the Homecoming Steering Committee!
It is with great enthusiasm that the Office of Alumni and Constituent Relations encourages you to apply for the 2015 Homecoming Steering Committee. We are looking for student leaders who are dedicated, passionate, reliable, hard-working and motivated. Students must be willing to put in the time, energy and effort to create a memorable Homecoming experience that every student will be proud of. If you meet this criteria and want to expand your leadership abilities, then we encourage you to apply for the 2015 Homecoming Steering Committee.
Steering Committee members will utilize planning, networking and creative skills to build relationships and partnerships with students, faculty, administration and community leaders. This is a unique opportunity to further develop your event planning and leadership abilities.
If you have any questions about the Committee or Homecoming please contact Nolan Ryan at Nolan.Ryan@plu.edu or 253-535-7417.
Note: this committee is not responsible for planning the ASPLU Homecoming Dance, but rather all the other events that take place during Homecoming Week and Weekend for alumni and students alike.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions (dates can be found below)
- Engage students, faculty, staff and alumni in conversations about Homecoming
- Work with various campus partners, community members and vendors to coordinate events
- Maintain consistent communication with committee members and assist as needed
- Attend all Homecoming activities as a representative of the Homecoming Steering Committee
- Develop programming and event planning skills
- Opportunity to create and instill a new Lute tradition
- Great resume builder
- Fun and eventful working atmosphere
- Free clothing!
- Develop communication, leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Opportunity to work with a team of quality people
- Network and gain exposure to university staff, faculty, administration and alumni
- Publicity and Marketing
- Service Committee
- Community Relations
- Spirit Week
- Fan Zone
- Monday March 16 at 6pm in the Nesvig Alumni Center
- Monday March 30 at 6pm in the Nesvig Alumni Center
- Monday April 6 at 6pm in the Nesvig Alumni Center
- Monday April 13 at 6pm in the Nesvig Alumni Center
- Monday 4/20at 6pm in the Nesvig Alumni Center
- Monday April 27at 6pm in the Nesvig Alumni Center
- Monday May 4 at 6pm in the Nesvig Alumni Center
- Monday May 11 at 6pm in the Nesvig Alumni Center
- Summer meetings dates TBD. (You will be able to attend via Skype or telephone)
- Fall meetings TBD
- October 5-11 HOMECOMING WEEK