- M.F.A., Fine Art Photography, Rochester Institute of Technology, 1979
- B.F.A., Film School, New York University, 1974
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Inducted into Worldwide Who’s Who for Excellence in Teaching Fine Arts
- Recipient of an artists residence at Weir Farm Connecticut
- CAP’S Creative Artist Project Award in New Jersey
- Oregon State Arts Commission public art award
- Selected for Pierce County Portable Works Award - 2007
Bea Geller is associate professor of photography and digital imaging at Pacific Lutheran University. She has taught at Stockton State College in New Jersey, Mercy College in the Bronx and Wagner College in Staten Island, New York.
Her work has been exhibited at the Tacoma Art Museum, Bellevue Art Museum, Whatcom County Art Museum and Center on Contemporary Art in Seattle. She has been selected to participate in more that fifty juried exhibitions. She was the recipient of an artists residence at Weir Farm Connecticut. She received a CAP’S Creative Artist Project Award in New Jersey and winner of Oregon State Arts Commission public art award.
She has shown her work at the historical Pen and Brush Club on West 10thSt in Manhattan, NYC. In 2007 the artist was selected for Pierce County Portable Works Award., other collections include: George Eastman House, Rochester Institute of Technology, Pacific Lutheran University and Multinomah Health Center. The artist is in many private collections.