How to apply using the Standard Application
The committee reviews completed applications and makes admission decisions on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will continue to accept applications until we are full.
For the Master of Science in Marketing Analytics program, the priority application date is May 31. Application received by May 31 will be eligible for the Build Your Career Scholarship. After that, admission is based on a rolling basis.
International students should apply at least 2 months prior to the start term.
Applications are processed through BusinessCAS, a nationwide centralized application service for business graduate programs. All official transcripts must be submitted to BusinessCAS, not PLU.
Follow the steps below to submit your application. If you have questions, contact the Admission Application Specialist.
- Identify two references, either academic or professional.
- Your references will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the reference electronically.
- You can send them the Recommendation Form which may be submitted in place of a letter of recommendation.
- Upload your resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload your statement via the application portal.
- The statement should be 300-400 words, divided into 2 sections addressing the following:
- Your educational and professional goals
- Your quantitative training and/or skills that make you a good fit for this program.
Pay the nonrefundable $48 application processing fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to email@example.com)
- Official transcripts must be sent to BusinessCAS from all US and English-Speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the College Attended section of your application.
- Official international and French Canadian transcripts must be sent to PLU Graduate Admission Office.
- PLU graduates do not need to submit PLU transcripts.
- See BusinessCAS instructions for sending official transcripts.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
- BusinessCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail. BusinessCAS cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
- When selecting the recipient, choose Educational organization, and then select BusinessCAS.
- Include your full BusinessCAS ID number when entering the BusinessCAS mailing address.
- See BusinessCAS instructions for sending electronic transcripts
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Download and print the Transcript Request Form under each school you listed in the College Attended section of your application. Send the Transcript Request Form to your school.
Your registrar should mail your paper transcript to the following address:
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
GRE or GMAT Scores
GRE or GMAT is no longer required for admission consideration. It is optional to submit the test scores in order to strengthen the application. If you have taken the test, have scores sent to PLU directly from the testing agency. Our institution code is 4597. Worried about the cost of the exam? We have a limited number of GMAT fee waivers.
In addition to the above listed application requirements, international students must provide:
- Degree certificate – For completed study, upload a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate via the application portal. Do not send your original document.
- English translation is required if your documents are not issued in English, precise and word-for-word translations are required. Your documents can be translated by your institution, a certified translation agency such as University Language Services, or any other professional translation service. Upload a clear and legible copy of your translations via the online application portal.
- Proof of English proficiency
(See details for the Proficiency in the English Language requirement for graduate admission)
- Minimum TOEFL-iBT of 83 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- TOEFL or IELTS may be waived for students who graduate from a regionally-accredited U.S. college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- Students who do not meet the English language proficiency requirement for admission are encouraged to join the University community through the International Pathway Program (IPP).
- TOEFL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report as we can verify with the testing agency.
For Master of Business Administration, admitted international students must complete the following steps in order to receive an I-20:
- Pay the enrollment deposit
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months. English translation is required if the documents are not issued in English.
For Master of Science in Marketing Analytics, I-20 will not be issued since the program is fully online, and hence you are not eligible for OPT. If you choose to enroll in the program without coming to the United States, I-20 and student visa are not necessary.
If you or your recommenders have any questions or technical problems with the online application portal and recommendation process, status, navigation, missing credentials, etc., please try the following:
BusinessCAS Customer Service