Brian Maeng, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Operations Management, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 2010
- M.S., Statistics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 2004
- B.S., Radio Communication Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea, 2001
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Production and operations management, supply chain management, inventory management, management science and Quantitative Methods
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Production and Operations Management Society (POMS)
- Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)
- Canadian Operations Research Society (CORS)
Dr. Brian Maeng is an Assistant Professor of Business, and he teaches Operations Management and Management Information Systems at Pacific Lutheran University. Prior to coming to PLU, he completed his Ph.D. in Operations Management from Purdue University in 2010. Dr. Maeng received B.S. in Radio Communication Engineering from Yonsei University, and M.S. in Statistics from Stanford University. His research interest includes supply chain management, risk-pooling, and stochastic inventory management. Before coming to academia, he worked for Cisco Systems Korea as a Channel Financial Analyst, whose major responsibility was to coordinate with distribution channel partners in Korea. He is an alumnus of the Yonsei University Glee Club and Testimony a Cappella group of Stanford University.