School of Business
- Ph.D., University of Texas, El Paso, 2013
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA, Institute of Management Accountants, 2012
- M.B.A., Pepperdine University, 2009
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honors), University of Delhi, India, 2006
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- 2015-16 PLU Business School Faculty Research Award
- 2014-15 PLU Business School Award for Excellence in Service
- 2013-14 PLU Business School Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2013-14 Karen Hille Phillips Regency Advancement Award
- 2012-13 UTEP Excellence in Undergraduate Instruction (Accounting) award
- American Accounting Association (AAA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
Dr. Gaurav Gupta teaches accounting courses in the BBA, MBA, and MSF programs at PLU. He is primarily interested in international behavioral accounting research at different levels of analysis. Dr. Gupta has published his papers in several peer-reviewed journals including Journal of International Accounting Research, Advances in Business Research, International Journal of Digital Accounting Research and Journal of Theoretical Accounting Search. Dr. Gupta has received awards for excellence in teaching, research, and service from the PLU School of Business.
He is also an advisor to the Beta Alpha Psi chapter on campus. Prior to joining PLU, he taught a variety of accounting courses at the University of Texas at El Paso and received an award for excellence in undergraduate instruction. He earned his PhD from the University of Texas at El Paso, an MBA from Pepperdine University, and Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) degree from the University of Delhi, India. He also holds CMA designation from the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
He lives in Tacoma and enjoys playing tennis and hiking.