Kris Parsons, Ph.D.
- 1995 Ph.D. in Business Administration, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
Minor: Management Information Systems
Minor: Operations Research
- 1983 M.B.A. with concentration in Finance, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio
- 1973 B.A. in Business Administration/Accounting, Ashland College, Ashland, Ohio
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- CFM (Certified in Financial Management)
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise:
- Developing online and hybrid delivery methods to enhance learning
- Value of and preparation for professional certifications
- American Accounting Association (AAA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Association of Certifies Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
“The CMA Exam: Test Taking Tips & Strategies” Inside Talk Webinar (1,137 participants representing 47 counties), April 23, 2013.
“CMA Survivor: Do You Have What it Takes?” Inside Talk Webinar (848 participants representing 44 countries), November 28, 2012.
“Enhancing a Traditional Classroom with Learning Tools in an Online Learning System” A presentation at the American Accounting Association Mid-Atlantic Region, Baltimore, MD, April 22, 2011. Co presented with Dan Fox and Victoria Kaskey.
“Using Synchronous Online Delivery to Build Community and Facilitate Interactive Exchange” A presentation at The 29th International Lilly Conference on College Teaching Conference located at Miami University, Oxford, OH on November 21, 2009. Co presented with Dan Fox and Victoria Kaskey.
“Synchronous Online Delivery for the Skeptical Accounting Professor.” A CPE Workshop delivered at the Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting in conjunction with the American Accounting Association Annual Conference, in New York City, August 2, 2009. Co presented with Dan Fox and Victoria Kaskey.
“Strategies for Successful Community-Building in Online Courses.” A panel discussion at E-Learn 2008: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, & Higher Education, Las Vegas, NV, Nov 19, 2008.
Co presented with Gail Miles, Jackie Owens and Susan Friguglietti.
- 2016 Ohio Educator Contributor of the Year (Ohio Society of CPAs and the AAA)
- 2013 Ursel Albers Academic Mentor Award (National IMA)
- 2011 Beta Gamma Sigma Member of the Year, Canton Chapter of the Institute of
- 2009 Ashland University Mentor award
- 1996 Ashland University Service Award (for coordinating Volunteer Income Tax
- 1995 Ellis Award recipient (student selected teaching award)