Business Office Temporary Hours
(beginning Thursday, November 19, 2020)
Tuesdays and Fridays 10:00am-2:00pm
Student Account Payments During The COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Business Office Cashier will be open and accepting in-person payments Tuesdays and Fridays from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Please note, the Business Office will only be open for business during these times. Should you need assistance with making a payment or have a question regarding your student account please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will be checked Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Additionally, you can easily pay your student account through our online and phone payment options below.
Students and authorized payers may visit Banner Web self-service to make a payment online. Please note, if you do not have the student’s login information, please go to Make A Student Account Payment and select “Make a Student Account Payment on Behalf of Someone Else”. You will be required to enter the Student’s ID prior to making the payment.
By Phone Payments
Phone payments may be made by calling the PLU Interactive Voice Response System at (877) 787-0661. Payments may be made in the form of electronic check or credit card.
International wire transfers may be made through the University’s International Payment Processor Flywire online at Make an International Payment to PLU. If you need assistance making your payment please contact Flywire directly at (800) 346-9252.
2019 1098-T Tax document
PLU has chosen to partner with ECSI to provide you with your 1098-T Tuition Statement. If you qualify to receive a 2019 1098-T, those statements are available now by following the directions below.
Please note, if any of the following apply you will not be receiving a 1098-T for 2019.
- There were no reportable transactions made to your student account during the calendar year 2019.
- Your scholarships and grants received exceeded the amount of payments made towards qualified tuition and expenses.
- The amounts paid towards qualified tuition and related expenses were entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships or grants.
- Nonresident alien (international students)
- Students with a Third-Party Contract which pays 100% of tuition
To access an electronic copy of your 1098-T statement on the Heartland ECSI portal, students will need their:
- First and Last Name
- Social Security Number
- Zip Code that appears on their 1098-T form
Once at https://heartland.ecsi.net/
- Click on “To access your 1098-T tax form, click here”
- Type “Pacific Lutheran University” under school name and select, then submit
- Enter in the required information above (please note, your zip code should be your permanent address) and click continue
- Under “Your Tax Statement” 1098-T Statement should be listed as an option
- Click on the Status: Delivered “+” sign to the left of “1098-T Statement” to open your 1098-T
Heartland ECSI’s Customer Support Center can be reached at 866-428-1098.
If you have additional questions you may consult your tax advisor, contact the Internal Revenue Service through their taxpayer assistance number at (800) 829-1040 or their website at http://www.irs.gov/, refer to IRS Publication 970 (Tax Benefits for Higher Education) at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf and IRS Form 8863, Education Credits (Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits): http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8863.pdf.
For additional questions and information please call our 1098-T dedicated line at 253-535-7712.