- Master of Science, College Student Personnel Administration, University of Central Missouri , 2021
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Theatre (Acting & Directing) and a Minor in Music, Pacific Lutheran University, 2018
Campus Life Responsibilities
- Oversee Hinderlie & Kreidler Halls; developing and facilitating inclusive halls that foster student engagement, resident growth, academic success, and promote a sense of home and belonging for all residents
- Supervise Hinderlie & Kreidler Hall Resident Assistants
- Lead the following Learning Communities in Hinderlie & Kreidler/Hong Halls:
- Hinderlie Community for Creative Expression
- Kreidler/Hong Global Community
- First-Year Communities
- New, Transfer, & Continuing Student Communities
- Gender Inclusive Housing (GIH)
- Coordinate move-in, move-out, and room/hall moves
- Implement department Residential Co-Curriculum in collaboration with student staff and faculty partners
- Participate in staff recruitment, selection, training and evaluation
- Liaison for clubs & organizations that align with Learning Communities
Student Life Responsibilities
- PLUS 100 Instructor
- Professional Staff On-Call (Campus Crisis Response)
- Campus Life Student Leader Selection Committee
- Conduct hearing educator for campus policy violations
Andrew is excited to be at PLU in the Community Director role!
Before joining PLU as a CD, Andrew worked as a Residence Hall Coordinator at Central Washington University and as a Residence Hall Director for the University of Central Missouri. While at UCM Andrew completed his MS in College Student Personnel Administration. Andrew is an alumni of PLU (class of 2018) where he graduated with his BFA in Theatre (Acting/Directing) and a Minor in Music. Andrew spent most of his PLU student years, involved in theatre productions, choral ensembles, and as a student leader in Hinderlie Hall.
In his free time Andrew enjoys exploring the PNW, creating/engaging with music, art, and theatre, walking around campus, spending time with friends, catching up with his favorite YouTube content, and spending time with his kitten, Pierce.
Some of Andrew’s professional passion areas include working with Learning Communities, hosting community events to engage residents, fostering inclusive communities, and serving as a mentor to those in his area. Andrew is excited to take these passion areas and integrate them into his work as a CD. Go LUTES!