Living In A Multi-Faith Community
All faith-based clubs and organizations on campus are approved annually by the Campus Ministry Council, a group of student leaders, the University Pastor, the Vice President of Student Life, and several faculty members. Multiple expressions of Christianity and expressions of other religious backgrounds are present at PLU, and all have an opportunity to coexist, work together and share our faith with one another in a positive environment.
Current Faith-Based Student Clubs at PLU
Current faith-based student clubs are listed below. For information about starting a new faith-based club, please contact Clubs & Organizations.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Thursdays 9:00-9:45pm, back room Columbia Center
The purpose of FCA is to provide a deeper understanding of Christ and the relationship Christ plays in athletics.
- Student leaders: Hailey Marsh, Tim Gauthier, Mackenzie Cooper, Kasey Johnson, Lauren Wilson and Jordan Sherfey
- Advisor: Spencer Crace, Athletics
Thursdays 8-9:30 pm, The Cave
We are a faith based group that loves Jesus and loves people and we desire to provide an encouraging and uplifting environment on campus in order for students to gather together in worship, prayer, and study of the Word.
- Club Leaders: Kyle Fahey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Advisor: Sarah Sanders
- View Website
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
Wednesdays 7pm, Ingram 100
- Club President: Aimee Watanabe (email@example.com)
Latter Day Saints Student Association
Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30-11:05, Morken 138
To help students have a balanced secular and spiritual educational experience.
- President: Ryan Sturdivan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Advisor: Dr. Catherine Pratt, Assistant Professor of Business (email@example.com)
Muslim Student Association
Meeting time: Every other Wednesday, 12-1pm
The Muslim Student Association is a student run group for both Muslim and non-Muslims with the purpose of uniting and supporting the Muslim community of PLU, educating the greater PLU community about the Islamic faith and engaging in interfaith dialogue to enable tolerance.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisors: Alaa Alshaibani (email@example.com), Katherine Wiley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thursdays 7pm, Campus Ministry Office (AUC 190)
The Root is a student run group that isn’t afraid to ask the big/important questions about faith and God. You, along with anybody who wants to, are welcome to come! No matter whether you were born and raised in the church, have never thought about religion, or are not Christian, you are more than welcome to come and share your beliefs or just listen! We talk about big questions relating to faith and while it is geared towards people with a Christian background, we love insights that non-Christians bring as well!
- Contact: Ben Cox (email@example.com)
- Advisor: Pastor Jen Rude
Tuesdays 9pm, The Cave
College Young Life is a place to build meaningful friendships and to find fun, genuine community with other students. If you do not know God intimately, Young Life College offers you an opportunity to come and ask questions. And if you do know God, it is a good way to come and deepen your faith. All are welcome!
- Student leader: Alli Abraham
- Advisor: Lynn Tucker
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/plucollegeyounglife/