Last night a fireworks related tree fire in Tacoma damaged fiber serving PLU’s primary telecommunications carrier. The service outage has resulted in loss of telephone service for calls in and out of the PLU campus.
– Calls to 911 from campus land-line phones
– Call into campus from any off-campus phone
– Outbound long distance calls from on-campus phones
– Most outbound local calling from on-campus phones
– Internal calls between campus telephones (4-digit extension dialing)
Please keep your use of campus telephone service in & out from campus to a minimum to preserve the limited capacity we have to priority calls.
In the event of an emergency be prepared to use a cell phone to make calls to 911 and use a campus telephone (desk phone, blue phone, or yellow courtesy phone) to contact Campus Safety.
Current repair estimates from our carrier are to have service restored around 12pm.
Campus Safety and Information & Technology Services
Jul 5, 2017 @ 11:20amTime for the service disruption extended until noon.