- M.Ed., College Student Personnel Administration, Marquette University, 2014
- B.A., Economics, Certificate in Japanese Studies, University of Wisconsin—Madison, 2009
- Assist and support students and alumni with internship exploration, applications, and discussing the potential to receive academic credit for internship experiences
- Facilitate student registration and administrative tasks related to academic credit for internships
- Collaborate with faculty and academic departments to identify and promote internship opportunities that support the Lute experience and PLU mission
- Employer relationship development—internship development and promotion of opportunities to campus community
Dawn is a Wisconsinite at heart, moving to Washington in 2015. Her background includes career advising at Marquette University, Lawrence University, and Seattle University, and 2 years teaching English in Japan. She enjoys meeting students, understanding their career goals, and helping them achieve them. She is excited to be here at PLU and help build connections between students, faculty and staff, and employers around internships.
Dawn feels that internships are an excellent way for students to gain practical experience, learn about employers, and build connections. Internships are also value adding for employers who are looking for additional project support and to build a relationship with rising top talent.
First job: Camp Counselor, USA Summer Camp, Aichi Prefecture, Japan