What is a strength? How is it different from a skill?
According to Dependable Strengths, a strength is ” . . . each person’s special talent for excellence.”
In other words . . .
- talent a natural ability to do something well that can be developed by training
- gift a natural ability, especially an artistic ability, or a social skill
- aptitude a natural tendency to do something well, especially one that can be further developed
- flair a natural ability to do something well, especially creative or artistic ability
- knack a particular skill, especially one that might be innate or intuitive and therefore difficult to teach
- genius exceptional intellectual or creative ability
-Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] ©
Where do you spend your energy?
Success is achieved by developing our strengths, not by eliminating our weaknesses.
– Marilyn vos Savant
What are my strengths?
It’s useful to know your strengths when deciding on your career direction. How do you get started in identifying your strengths?
Check out this free strengths assessment: http://www.viacharacter.org/survey/Account/Register