- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, University of Georgia
- M.S., Organic Chemistry, New Mexico State University
- MSc, Chemistry, University of Madras
- Glycosaminoglycans: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology Chapters 23 (Springer Science+Business Media 2022) : View Book
- UGA Conference on Drug Discovery, Modular Approach for Synthesis of Library of Heparan Sulfate Fragments Exhibiting for Alzheimer’s BACE1 Inhibitory Activity, University of George, Athens, GA (November 5, 2009)
- 238th ACS National Meeting, Modular synthesis of heparan sulfate fragments using orthogonally protected disaccharide building blocks , Washington, DC (August 16-20, 2009)
- Karthik Raman, Balagurunathan Kuberan, Sailaja Arungundram. "Chemical Modification of Heparin and Heparosan." Methods Mol. Biol. Vol. 1229, 2015: 31-36.
- Karthik Raman, Sailaja Arungundram, Balagurunathan Kuberan. "Chemogenesis of an Antiangiogenic Glycosaminoglycan." ACS Med. Chem. Lett Vol. 5, 2014: 644-646.
- Sailaja Arungundram, Kanar Al-Mafraji, Jinkeng Asong, Franklin E. Leach III, I. Jonathan Amster, Andre Venot, Jeremy E. Turnbull, and Geert-Jan Boons. "A Modular Synthesis of Heparan Sulfate Oligosaccharides for Structure-Activity Relationship Studies." J. Am. Chem. Soc Vol. 131, 2009: 17394-17405.
- PALM (Promoting Active Learning and Mentorship network (PALM) fellowship, Nov 2019
- Scholarship award from ACS New Faculty Institute, June 2019
- Faculty Development Grant Travel Awards to attend the Annual Conferences of Washington College Chemistry Teacher’s Association (WCCTA), Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat, Leavenworth, WA- 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
- Foundation Grant, South Seattle College to attend Puget Sound ACS Women Chemists’ Retreat, Pack Forest Conference Center, May 2015
- Faculty Development Grant Travel Award to attend the 2015 Winter Assessment, Teaching, and Learning Retreat organized by SBCTC, March 5th, Rainbow lodge, North Bend
- Organic Chemistry
- Synthesis and Chemical Biology of Carbohydrates
- Anion Recognition using porphyrin-based receptors