This service is offered for enrolled students seeking a brief consultation (not ongoing counseling sessions or travel consultations) with professional counselors. Students may walk in without an appointment to consult with a counselor regarding any issue or concern. These brief (15-30 minute) sessions can help students get a “sample” of how counseling works and if it’s right for them or get a referral to local resources.
- Interested students should arrive as close to the start time as possible as service during the Walk-In Hour is generally on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students presenting with an urgent issue may be seen out of order of arrival if multiple attendees arrive at one time, which may limit availability during the remaining portion of the hour.
- Students may be asked to return at another scheduled Walk-In if capacity during the hour is filled.
- Walk-In Hours are not available during the summer as counselor availability is limited.
Walk-In Hour Schedule (September-December & February-May)
NEW for Dead Week and Finals Week: All-Day Walk-In / Same-Day Appointments
Beginning December 9th through December 20th (Mon-Fri), the Counseling Center will be available for walk-ins all day (no appointment needed). NEW Walk-In Hours and Same-Day Appointments will enable students to access mental health services when they need them, during the busiest and most stressful time of the semester.
Walk-In Hours are from 9:00am to 4:00pm, with the last spot open at 4:00pm. Simply visit the Counseling Center in AUC 300 during these times to meet with a counselor, or call for a Same-Day Appointment as we will not be pre-scheduling appointments during these two weeks.
- Continuing students who wish to see their same counselor, please call the Counseling Center to schedule a Same-Day Appointment with that counselor. You may also walk-in, however a small wait may occur if your counselor is with someone.
- New students wishing to set up a first-time / initial appointment should swing by during Walk-In Hours to be seen.