Grief Process Group
Gathering in the shared experience of living with and sensing what we have lost.
We invite members of the student community into a relational processing of their grief; to join alongside one another in the shared experience of living with and making meaning of what we have lost.
New for Spring semester, a Grief Process Group will run every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, through the end of the school year.
3:30 to 4:45pm
The location is private, and will depend on university guidelines regarding COVID-19.
- Registration is required, however there is no expectation that students attend every session, and one session may be all that is needed for that student. The group is limited to 8 students max.
- Students can register up to 24-hours in advance by contacting the Counseling Center (253-535-7206 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students with no previous connections to the Counseling Center will need to schedule a 30-minute initial orientation prior to attending the group. Please call or email the Counseling Center to schedule.
- A Counseling Center clinician may refer a student to the group, by simply providing a brief description of their interest in the group. Students are welcome to author their own description of their interest in the group for the clinician to review and pass along.
- Looking for more details? Please direct your questions to group facilitators Axel Stanovsky (Intern) and Psychologist Tom Handlan, PhD.