Health Center changes - EFFECTIVE MARCH 23, 2020
For the duration of the Spring semester and to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19, the Health Center will be functioning under the following schedule and with altered services, starting March 23rd:
Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM, closed for lunch from noon to 1PM. We will be providing a mixture of phone visits and certain on-site face-to-face and nurse-only visits. This schedule and services will be in effect until June 12. We will shift to summer hours starting June 15; please watch for announcement of the summer schedule in early June.
All appointments will be made by phone. (253-535-7337) You may no longer walk into the clinic to schedule an appointment. If you are concerned about respiratory symptoms, please call to speak with a provider. This allows us to triage our patients and keep the clinic safe for staff, and patients scheduled for non-illness appointments.
All patients will be asked to wear a mask upon arriving in the Health Center. This further reduces the risk of asymptomatic transmission of COVID-19.
We will be postponing routine care, such as sports physicals, travel consults and pap smears until further notice. Refills will be done electronically, or in the clinic if you receive them from us. Please allow 72 hours for refills to be completed.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays and outside of normal clinic hours, we strongly encourage you to use Lute TeleHealth for urgent concerns. Additional medical resources are available on the PLU Coronavirus webpage.
Hours and Availability: Academic Schedule, Winter, and Summer
Counseling, Health and Wellness Services (CHWS) are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with the exception of holidays and the following situations.
All PLU offices, including CHWS, are closed from Christmas Eve through New Years Day.
- CHWS follows the university’s lead on late openings and/or closures due to inclement or severe weather. If the university is closed, we are as well. Please be aware that communication from our office is limited during these situations (and likely suspended if the university is closed). Availability of office staff, counselors, and clinicians are also likely to be adversely affected and schedules modified.
- If classes are cancelled and the university is closed due to inclement weather, your scheduled appointment will also be cancelled and our offices closed. Office staff will not be available to contact clients to reschedule appointments.
- If the university opens late or closes early, CHWS will be on the same schedule — i.e. if the campus has a 2-hour delayed start, our offices will not open until 10:00am.
- Appointments will be considered cancelled during a weather-related university closure. We will do our best to reschedule appointments affected by the closure.
- Students will not be penalized for missing an appointment on a day that classes are cancelled or have a delayed start.
During the summer, counseling and health services are available for students seeking care. (Counseling walk-in hours are not available during the summer, but resume the first week of fall classes.) Please call ahead to schedule all appointments.
Eligibility for Summer Services
- Previously established clients enrolled during summer or the upcoming fall may utilize our services during the summer.
- Newly incoming students for fall semester may utilize our services as soon as the enrollment deposit has been made and they are registered for classes.
- Students who graduate in May are no longer eligible for care at CHWS but may continue to use the Wellness Access Plan until mid-August.