Welcome to Lutes Commute!
“Lutes Commute” is committed to providing and advocating for programs and services that meet the diverse interests and needs of commuter and off campus students in order to best support these students in achieving their goals.
Who are Off-Campus Students at PLU?
Commuter Students refers to all students who live off campus near or far. Commuter Students at PLU travel to campus from as near as across the street from campus and as far as Olympia and Renton. These students commute by car, walking, biking, bus, and carpooling.
- 324 first-year students at PLU
- 43% of all PLU students live off campus
- 40% of first-year students are commuter students
- 131 first-year students live off campus in academic year ’21/’22
Transfer Students refers to any student bringing post high school college credit to PLU. Students transfer to PLU from 2-year, 4-year, technical, and international colleges.
- 369 total transfer students in academic year ’21/’22
- 56 new transfer students in Fall 2021
- 60 new transfer students in Spring 2022
- 298 (81%) transfer students live off campus this year
Graduate Students include students pursuing advanced degrees and taking their next steps in their careers of choice. PLU has graduate programs in disciplines including business, education, creative writing, nursing, kinesiology, and marriage and family therapy.
- 287 graduate students at PLU for academic year ’21/’22
- 277 (97%) of all PLU graduate students live off campus
- 45 new graduate students in Fall 2021
- 6 new graduate students in Spring 2022
The CAVE is an on campus community for first and second year commuter students.More