Welcome to CTSC!
Commuter and Transfer Student Connections is committed to providing and advocating for programs and services that meet the diverse interests and needs of commuter, transfer, and Veteran students in order to best support these students in achieving their goals.
Who are Commuter, Transfer, and Veteran Students at PLU?
Commuter Students refers to all students who live off campus near or far. Commuter Students at PLU travel to campus from as near as across the street from campus and as far as Olympia and Renton. These students commute by car, walking, biking, bus, and carpooling.
- 55% of all PLU students live off campus.
- 16.8% of first-year students are commuter students.
- 87.5% of transfer students are commuter students.
Transfer Students refers to any student bringing post high school college credit to PLU. Students transfer to PLU from 2-year, 4-year, technical, and international colleges.
- 21.1% of PLU students are transfer students.
- 201 new transfer students in Fall 2015.
- 61 transfer students in Spring 2016.
- 12.5% of transfer students live on campus.
- 11.5% of PLU students are 25+ years old
Veteran Students are students who have served or are currently serving in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and/or Coast Guard. The term “military affiliated students” includes the Veterans, their spouses and their children. There are more than 320 military affiliated students attending PLU.