Spring 2021 Update:
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, The Diversity Center AUC spaces (dCenter, The CAVE, and our new space) will not be open for hanging out and studying. Alongside other Center staff we are working to create a “Virtual Center” to welcome our communities. Diversity Center Staff are available for appointment based online and in person meetings. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in soon!
Welcome to CTSC!
Commuter and Transfer Student Connections is committed to providing and advocating for programs and services that meet the diverse interests and needs of commuter and transfer students in order to best support these students in achieving their goals.
Who are Off-Campus Students at PLU?
Commuter Students refers to all students who live off campus near or far. Commuter Students at PLU travel to campus from as near as across the street from campus and as far as Olympia and Renton. These students commute by car, walking, biking, bus, and carpooling.
- 673 first-year students at PLU
- 72% of all PLU students live off campus.
- 59% of first-year students are commuter students.
- 395 first-year students live off campus in academic year ’20/’21
Transfer Students refers to any student bringing post high school college credit to PLU. Students transfer to PLU from 2-year, 4-year, technical, and international colleges. We had:
- 446 total transfer students in academic year ’20/’21.
- 124 new transfer students in Fall 2020.
- 15 new transfer students in Spring 2021.
- 387 (87%) transfer students live off campus this year.
Graduate Students include students pursuing advanced degrees and taking their next steps in their careers of choice. PLU has graduate programs in disciplines including business, education, creative writing, nursing, kinesiology, and marriage and family therapy.
- 300 graduate students at PLU for academic year ’20/’21
- 98% of all PLU graduate students live off campus
- 63 new graduate students in Fall 2020
- 6 new graduate students in Spring 2021