Fall 2020 Update:
During Phase 2, The Diversity Center AUC spaces (dCenter, The CAVE, and our new space) will not be open for hanging out and studying. Alongside other Center staff we are working to create a “Virtual Center” to welcome our communities. Diversity Center Staff are available for appointment based online and in person meetings. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in Phase 3!
Welcome to CTSC!
Commuter and Transfer Student Connections is committed to providing and advocating for programs and services that meet the diverse interests and needs of commuter and transfer students in order to best support these students in achieving their goals.
Who are Commuter and Transfer Students at PLU?
Commuter Students refers to all students who live off campus near or far. Commuter Students at PLU travel to campus from as near as across the street from campus and as far as Olympia and Renton. These students commute by car, walking, biking, bus, and carpooling.
- 773 first-year students at PLU
- 55% of all PLU students live off campus.
- 15% of first-year students are commuter students.
- 112 first-year students live off campus in Fall 2019
Transfer Students refers to any student bringing post high school college credit to PLU. Students transfer to PLU from 2-year, 4-year, technical, and international colleges.
- 553 transfer students in Fall 2019
- 168 new transfer students in Fall 2019.
- 123 transfer students in Spring 2020.
- 459 transfer students live off campus.