An ID card, known as a LuteCard is provided to all Pacific Lutheran University students, faculty and staff.
Your LuteCard is your key to PLU’s buildings, activities and campus restaurants.
Your LuteCard is your PLU ID and so much more!
- LuteBucks: This denomination will turn your LuteCard into a convenient on-campus debit card and may be used for copying/printing, at all campus restaurants and the Lute Locker. Visit the Concierge to add LuteBucks to your account — great for Faculty and Staff also. Learn more about LuteBucks here.
- Dining Dollars: This denomination is included with all PLU meal plans and is accessed with your LuteCard. Add Dining Dollars online (charged to your student account) or by visiting the Concierge. These are great for off-campus students too!
- Meal Plans: All students living on-campus are required to have a meal plan, excluding South Hall residents. Your LuteCard will hold your Dining Dollars and grant you access to the all-you-care-to-eat meal periods in The Commons (with qualifying meal plans).
- Building Access: Your LuteCard works as a keycard throughout campus. The Access Administration Department will prepare your card with custom access levels based on campus living, work, classes and recreation needs.
- On-Campus Events: Most of PLU’s on-campus events require showing your LuteCard at the door. PLU students often get discounts on tickets to music concerts and various other on-campus events, but only with your LuteCard.
- Sports Facilities: Your LuteCard will allow you to free access to Names Fitness Center and the pool.
- Library: Your LuteCard is also your PLU library card.
Who gets a LuteCard?
All PLU Students, Faculty, Staff and Retirees are automatically issued a LuteCard.
Departmental affiliates, interns, visiting scholars and temporary employees may be also be issued a LuteCard. Requests for such LuteCards must be made by the sponsoring department.
Dependents of some employees may be issued a LuteCard with limited benefits — visit Human Resources.
PLU Alumni may request a card in person at the Concierge or request an Alumni card online.
LuteCard policies are available in the PLU Student Code of Conduct.