Regular Admission: $225
Groups of 5+: $202.50 (per person)
PLU staff, faculty, alumni: $125
*For discount codes, contact Continuing Education (firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-535-7063) prior to registering for the conference.
The conference is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to:
- Assess their current level of cultural competence (what knowledge, skills, and resources can you build on? Where are the gaps?)
- Increase their awareness and understanding of the depth and breadth of institutional racism and its effect on organizational diversity, equity and inclusion goals.
- Engage in effective community, school and workplace social justice dialogues.
- Improve interpersonal savvy.
- Build networks across culture, community and industry.
- Institutional racism
- Implicit bias – unconscious bias
- Cultural awareness, literacy, & competency
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Power, privilege, and oppression
- Institutional racism
- Race dialogues and knowledge communities
Light breakfast will be available (included in registration)
In this opening, Miss Melannie Denise Cunningham will welcome everyone and set the stage for day. We will begin with recognition of indigenous people’s presence in history and spirit. Miss Melannie will then move to a review of community agreements, the conference overview, and expectations for the day.
|9:00a||-||11:30a||General Session I: The Defamation Experience
Interactive performance and discussion
|11:30a||-||12:45p||Lunch and Conversation
(included in registration)
|12:45p||-||3:15p||General Session II: Race Dialogue Groups
(Breaks as designated by facilitators)
This session is a hallmark of The People's Gathering. Race Dialogue Groups are a dedicated time for conversation to examine core issues and concerns that exist within specific race-based groups. Participants will self-select into these dialogue groups based on their lived identity.
-People of Color
|3:15p||-||3:45p||Break and Conversation|
|3:45p||-||4:30p||General Session III: Closing
All participants will gather together for a final session, reviewing the day and experiences in the Race Dialogue Groups.
We are happy to provide accommodations to attendees in a variety of ways, including ASL interpretation, lactation space, multi-faith prayer space, dietary accommodations, and others.
Please contact email@example.com as early as possible and no later than three weeks before the conference to request accommodations.