Become better prepared for your allied health profession!
Quickly master the basics of medical terminology. This 5-week online course omits time-consuming, nonessential information and helps you quickly build a working medical vocabulary. Topics include terms that relate to the anatomy, physiology, and pathological conditions of selected systems. To promote mastery of the subject, you will also be introduced to the most frequently encountered suffixes, prefixes, and word roots.
Whether as a brush up on your current skills or as an introduction to medical language, this course has been specifically designed for:
- Nursing Assistants and Nursing aides
- Medical Technologists and Assistants
- Lab Technicians
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants
- Physician Assistants
- Respiratory Therapists and Technologists
- Emergency Medical Providers
- Medical Imaging
- Medical Information Managers
- Students in pre-physical therapy or nursing
- or anyone who want to get ahead in their studies or field!
Enroll in this 15 hour program and finish in 5 weeks or less!
Dates: any time during September 2023 – December 2023 (last day to register is November 12 for this self-study, 5 week course)
- DISCOUNT PRICE of $140 for military, current PLU students, & alumni (please contact Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org for discount codes before registering)
Delivery Method: Online, self-paced, 5 weeks from time of registration
Credit Type: 1.5 CEUs or 1 undergraduate credit (KINS 800)