PLU Kinesiology Summer Coaching Education Institute
Made possible by a grant from the Names Family Foundation
First Annual PLU Kinesiology Summer Coaching Education Institute
PLU was pleased to announce the launch of its summer coaching institute with six time Olympic Games coaching staff member Dr. Colleen Hacker.Register
This August, PLU was pleased to launch the First Annual PLU Kinesiology Summer Coaching Education Institute. The institute focused on applied and accessible psychology and teaching tools designed to enhance participants coaching skills beyond the Xs and Os.
The keynote speaker was six-time Olympic Games coaching staff member and PLU professor, Dr. Colleen Hacker. She was joined by a team of experts with coaching experiences that range from NCAA Division I through adapted recreation and youth sport levels.
Dr. Colleen Hacker
“Creating an Olympic Mindset for Every Competitor”
- Six-time Olympic Games Coaching Staff
- PCA National Advisory Board Member
- United States Olympic and Paralympic Sport Psychology and Mental Training Registry
- Mental skills coach to professional, international and Olympic athletes in a variety of sports, including: MLB, NFL, MLS, PGA, LPGA, NWPS, USA swimming, crew, track and field, tennis
- Lead collegiate team to 5 consecutive national soccer championships, winning three national titles and becoming the first female coach to win a national soccer championship.
• National United Soccer Coaches and NAIA Hall of Fame coach