PLU Metrics and Vaccination Rates – Fall 2021
PLU Community Vaccination Rates
Student Vaccination Rate
4% of students have an approved medical or religious exemption.
Faculty/Staff Vaccination Rate
4% of faculty/staff have an approved medical or religious exemption.
PLU Community Case Numbers
The data below includes employees and students who were confirmed as positive for COVID-19 though PLU testing, Tacoma Pierce-County Health Department or self-reporting, and who came to campus or were in close contact with anyone affiliated with campus.
Known Active Cases (Updated Fridays)
Known Cases Resolved
(since September 2021)
Known Active Cases Breakdown
Last update on Saturday, September 18 at 7:30 a.m.
Data-driven Decision Making
As PLU retires the Campus Status Dial, we will still have key metrics that the university is tracking daily. These factors, when considered holistically and in the context of trend and impact, will inform how to best serve and care for our community of nearly 3,500 students, faculty, and staff.
PLU factors in the model include:
- Active COVID-19 positive cases
- Isolation and quarantine capacity
- Number and/or size of any clusters on campus
- Availability of PPE supplies
- Ability to sustain campus operations and provide student care
Regional infection rate and health-system factors in the model include:
- Fourteen-day rate of new cases per 100,000 people, with consideration of trends
- Regional COVID-19 virus reproduction (R0) rate
- Seven-day percentage of COVID-19 tests with positive results
- Licensed hospital bed capacity
- COVID-19 positive hospitalization rate